Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Bird-Day to You!

It's time for me to share my March card with you at Craft-Dee BowZ where the challenge for the Design Team has been pets, bugs or animals and we've used the colors green, brown and yellow. You don't have to use animals or any special colors in our challenge since our challenge for you is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW.  I used a pre-colored image from The Paper Shelter for my toucan that is over 2 years old now and I enhanced him a bit with my Copic markers. I cut out three Sizzix Hawaiian leaves, colored them with my markers, used assorted flower punches in oranges and yellows and added teal green glass flat back uncut jewels in the center of each (on the tiny flowers I used teal green paint and made my own centers).

The yellow background paper was made with a fern stamp that I bought in the 1980's from Hero Arts when they sold all individual stamps. I unmounted it from the wood when the foam decayed but will never forget buying this stamp since it was one of my first. I stamped it all over the yellow paper with my Versamark pad and then used yellow pearl embossing powder. The die around my image is by Spellbinders.


My bow is made of yellow satin ribbon and is a double loop with an extra tail tied within the knot. It adds so much to my card and the yellow polka dot button and white embroidery thread finished it off. I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool for this bow and adding the extra tail within the knot was easy peasy since I didn't have to hold the bow in my hand and try to do it. My little bow maker is so easy to use and saves me so much time!



I'm glad you stopped by to see my card and I hope it inspires you to join the challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ where ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW. I hope you've enjoyed seeing the Design Team's creations this month and you've got a few more days to get your card posted here before the drawing!

                                                                                      Hugs,
                                                       Gail