Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Winter Decor and 100 years!

Vicki here,  January's Guest Designer and I'm delighted to be back again as part of the Craft-Dee BowZ Team for 2014.

The January theme here at Craft-Dee BowZ is winter using the colors blue, white, and brown and multi-loop bows. I received such a generous supply of ribbon, that I wanted to create more than one project for my guest post!

The colors are perfect for winter time home decor and cards.  I love to decorate the house year round for the different seasons and holidays. With Christmas decorations down and stored, I have put my winter decor in place, starting with the mantle in our family room.


I altered this miniature wooden sled by adding patterned paper, stenciled snowflakes and lots of other embellishments. 


The bow was made using 2 Craft-Dee BowZ Tools that have been attached together with velcro on the short side. Yes, you read that right, 2 Craft-Dee BowZ Tools!  You can increase the size of the bows you make by putting 2 of them together.  Hmmm....I wonder what I could do with 3?


Another item that joins the sled, is this altered picture frame with Mr. Owl.  I pulled out lots of mixed media products to complete this project.


The tan/gold ribbon with a touch of blue worked well with the woodsy owl theme.


Tomorrow, my grandfather will turn 100 years old and join the rank of Centenarian!  He has seen a lot of changes in this world.  I created this card for him to help celebrate his special day. 


I don't typically add bows to masculine cards, but this called for special attention and the white, multi-loop bow was a great finishing touch to his card.

By the time you read this post, I will be on my way to CHA in Anaheim, CA!  It's always an exciting time to see the new, upcoming craft releases. I will be posting photos in my blog during the CHA event.  Please stop by and take a peek if you get the chance.

I hope you enjoyed my winter inspiration using the Craft-Dee BowZ Tool!
Vicki

Join in on the Craft-Dee BowZ  January Challenge.  You can link your project HERE.