Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Spring

Happy Spring.... I think! I say "I think" as we just got 4 inches of snow yesterday at my house! Of course I am loving it as I'm a big snow person but I know plenty of people are ready for Spring. At least maybe my card will get you in the mood for Spring.

We were to make an unusual fold card. Now that can be a toughie but after looking around (aka Pinterest), I found one... Cascading card.  ( You can find a few directions on how to do this fold over at SplitCoastStampers)



I used two sided pattern paper for my card. To give the top more of a look, I cut it using a border punch. It's a Spring card, right? So what is Spring without some flowers? So I added a few flowers of various sizes and a sentiment that says "Happy Spring". Of course we can't forget that bow, so I added a double loop bow using the second to smallest setting on the Craft-Dee BowZ maker. I also added a few extra tails to the bow while making it.

Here is a top view of the card. I attached entire cascading card to a piece of white cardstock to give it a stronger base.





And here is a close up of the bow.



Hope you enjoyed a little bit of Spring today!


Inky Hugs,
Amber




ps. I just realized (in looking at older blog posts) that Barbara also made a Cascading card for this month! Now you have two different takes on it to get you started on your own.